Thread

• Agent Carol Torres

By Agent Carol Torres

@Harmonizer “Oh, that’s a concert ticket? I’m sorry, I don’t know how to read in French.” Carol replied sheepishly. “That would be a chance for you to visit your father. Let’s ask the director if you can go.”

• Harmonizer

By Harmonizer

@Carol Harmonizer was spurred on by her question. "Did you even see ze ticket?" She looked exasperated. She got over, flipped the plane tickets, and between them was a concert ticket! "Zis ees no ordinary concert too. Eet's ze most popular concert een all of France! I 'ave, uh... a connection with ze songwriter." Carol would know what she meant. "'E gave me six to give out." Well, one for herself but she was doubtful she'd get to go.

• Agent Carol Torres

By Agent Carol Torres

@Harmonizer. “James would probably think you did something illegal to obtain them...”

Her resolve was weakening. She wanted to go, even if it was only for a couple of days. But it would be such an expense! And there was no guarantee the flights would be on time or customs would be efficient. Carol had never been out of the country before and it made her nervous. She had a passport, like all SHUSH agents, but she’d never used it. What if she got sick and couldn’t work when she returned home? What if she got sick there and couldn’t leave?
          Wait...
          “What concert?”

• Harmonizer

By Harmonizer

@Carol "And listen to one of ze best concerts of all time! Come on, Carol, I'm sure you deserve a break. There ees such a thing as working too much. Who should I give ze rest of ze tickets to, then? James??"

• Agent Carol Torres

By Agent Carol Torres

@Harmonizer
              “I’m not going. I have too many responsibilities. Mom and Dad, and bills and...” Carol frowned. “Besides what would I do in Paris?” She tried to smile. “Walk around looking at historical monuments and eat and get back in a plane for a day?”

• Harmonizer

By Harmonizer

@Carol Harmonizer shrugged. "I... 'ave not asked yet," she said, looking uncomfortable. She did not want to ask for extra favours. She owed Hooter a lot as it is. "I don't think I can go anyway. I 'ope you'll enjoy ze trip!"

• Agent Carol Torres

By Agent Carol Torres

@Harmonizer
                  “He does?” Carol perked her ears.
                  Of course he would. The director had told her several times that she should take some time off before she took on the added responsibility of supervising Harmonizer and opening her home to her.

“What about you?”
                  Did he assign Harmonizer to another agent or was she...free? It had been months since Harmonizer was taken into SHUSH custody, and the injured agents had all recovered. Harmonizer was free to leave the city on short missions and roam about as she pleased, as long as she called SHUSH for backup for suspicious activity, She was still being tracked but Carol let her “go dark” (go off the radar) when she wanted to.

• Harmonizer

By Harmonizer

@Carol "Aww, I thought I covered my tracks!" Even Quiverwing found out. Why couldn't she remain anonymous? "And yes, you can. You've been working 'ard and you deserve a good vacation. I've talked to Hooter and 'e agrees too!"

• Agent Carol Torres

By Agent Carol Torres

@Harmonizer
                      “Your smell is on these. What is this for? You know I can’t just drop everything for a vacation.”

• Harmonizer

By Harmonizer

@Carol "Oh wow! Are those tickets to Paris? Zat's so cool! You're so lucky!" Hopefully feigning ignorance will remove any sort of suspicion.

• Agent Carol Torres

By Agent Carol Torres

@Harmonizer
                          Carol waited until Harmonizer was settled before approaching her.
                          “Taz? Where did these come from?”
                          She held up the plane tickets.