Create an account

Please Play The Cat Lady

I really like watching the Two Best Friends LPers. One day, during their mailbag segment, they received a game called The Cat Lady. I knew nothing about it, but the name was interesting enough to make me look into it. I am so happy that I did.

The main character of the game is a woman named Susan Ashworth. Right when you start the game, Susan has taken a lot of pills in an attempt to end her life. She doesn't find herself in Heaven or Hell when she regains consciousness, but instead a strange world where she eventually meets an old woman.

The old woman tells Susan she has chosen her to kill off five horrible individuals she calls "Parasites", meaning Susan will be returned to the world of the living. To get Susan to cooperate, the old woman has made it so Susan will never be able to die until she deals with these people, which ends up being both a blessing and a curse.

Unfortunately I can't say much more since there is a ridiculous amount to spoil in this game. I will say it's so much more than a horror game; you learn so much about Susan and what drove her to try and end her own life. You see her recover and try to put the pieces of her life back together with a new friendship while dealing with the terrors the Parasites bring. The story is so engrossing you will lay awake at night until you finish it.

If you are 18 years old, I strongly recommend giving this game a chance. In fact, I'm begging you because I want the creator to make more. It's been so long that I've been so moved by a story that I keep thinking about it and genuinely grew to love the protagonist and her friend.

There are two deeply disturbing segments in the game so I do caution you as well. It's not like other horror games where there's just random gore and violence for stupid reasons.

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx6j2I8v2Z0[/YouTube]
[Image: Haddock_seek.jpg]

Messages In This Thread